Coins Intended For Travel Not Trade

Lemon Fresh Dog

This might be impossible.

Not all trackable coins will be tracked or intended to travel -- in fact, I suspect that most will be collectected and "held". Maybe they go to events, but they are cared and fed by one owner.

However, what about coins that you want to travel? For example, I have my new personal coin and I have attached a Travel Bug tag onto the coin numbered 25.

So.... I want Lemon Fresh Dog geobone #25 to travel.

Would it be possible/wise to create a registry of coins intended to travel by their owners? Sort of like a stolen car registry -- those of us that trade\buy could quickly check the registry and determine if the coin we are trading\buying for is free or fraud.

If we just had a list here in this thread -- then a quick search of this topic would suffice. Those of you who have read this (or search it in the future) would quickly see that anyone claiming to "own" Geobone #25 is a fraud (and possibly a thief!)

ooooooo! strong words I know. So we wouldn''t accuse them, just direct them to this thread.

It would require:

1) ON TOPIC

2) A PIN to the top of the TB forum.

again, thoughts?

Edited by Lemon Fresh Dog

I think the Snoogans method of Drilling a big frigging hole in it and attaching a card that says "I travel, move me along please" is the best bet. Anyone squeemish about the hole is probably not quite ready to have a coin travel anyway.

A registry would let someone interested look up the coin and see what it's supposed to be doing. Both would get the best results.

Edited by Renegade Knight