New Category Proposal - Bowling Alleys

I think it would neat to get an idea of how many bowling alleys there are across the country.

Definitely!

No, I don't think this is a sub-category, since there really is not such thing -- just branches in the taxonomy.

Anyway, from your group, have them help you dfine the category, including variables. and go for it!

Having grown up in the west of the U.S., I was surprised that there were other types of bowling other than ten pen. Out here in New England, candlepin is very popular. Some places have one or the other, or both, and sume also have duck pin bowling. Other variables such as number of lanes, bar (as someone mentioned), other entertainment such as video games, pool, etc., snack counter, etc suggest themselves.

Bowling is primarily a U.S. pastime, but I bowled in the upper floors of a builiding in Tokyo once, many years ago! Another variable might be related to location -- stand alone, in a sport club, etc.

I have created a Group called "Tenpin Bowling Managers" to start a category for Tenpin bowling Centres.

If anyone is interested in joining this group it is now open for members.

IMO, A "Bowling" category with variables for Duck Pin and Tenpin would be better. There aren't so many of these locations that they would need seperate categories.