Pocket Query Question....

watchman

Hi,

I seem to be having som confusion about a pocket query. When I run the pq for my zip code and limit the caches to 200, I receive the caches correctly, but only from my state (Mass). I am near the Connecticut border and wish to have the Conn. caches included. (I have tried expanding the total number of caches, but it is still contained within my state) Is there a way to have multiple states included in the pq or must they be separate pq's?

Thanks,

Joe B.

Towards the bottom of the pq generation page, there's an area that allows you to select states/countries, and above that is a 'none selected' button. Make sure that the 'none selected' button is choosen--if you have choosen your state in the list, the pq will be limited to only caches within the state.

~edit: If you want to limit it to a specific group of states, click the radio button by "states/provinces" and hold cntrl while you select each state you want in the list.

Edited by dkwolf

The pocket query generates the waypoints outward, into an expanding geographic circle. So, increasing the # of waypoints from 200 to say 250, will grab the next 50, all of which may be in your state, especially if you have a high concentrated # of caches in the area.

Raise the # of waypoints to 500 to see what you get.

Or move your geographic center between what you have now and Conn.

Good luck.