Garmin 76cs

CKAJCA

I have just purchased a 76CS and am trying to plan a road route. I have used Find to locate my destination and then hit the Navigate button. I then get a message that says 'Route calculation Error: No roads near starting point' My house is on a small road so I do not understand what is wrong. Can anyone help?

I have loaded the maps for my home and destination onto the 76CS from European Metroguide Ver 6. Is that what I should have done? I still get the no road near starting point error?

MG 6 europe didn’t route on gpsr. so your unit tries to route from basemap. and that generates the error note.

happy hunting.

I have loaded the maps for my home and destination onto the 76CS from European Metroguide Ver 6. Is that what I should have done? I still get the no road near starting point error?

MG 6 europe didn’t route on gpsr. so your unit tries to route from basemap. and that generates the error note.

happy hunting.

I don't know about Eurpoean maps, but in North America you need City Select for autorouting. The current version of Metroguide NA doesn't autoroute.

I don't know about European maps, but in North America you need City Select for autorouting.

The same is true in Europe. MetroGuide-Eur will work fine in your 76cs and show you the same maps and POIs as CitySelect, but it won't support the autorouting function so, as mentioned above, the unit just uses the coarse basemap and frequently won't see any suitable roads. The current version of CitySelect-Eur is 7 and it would give you detailed autorouting.