Topic Tracking Toggle

Thot

I can see how this could be difficult to do, but if it's not, how about making the "Track this topic" link into a toggle so you don't have to surf over to "My Controls' then chase down the topic to untrack it.

If you aren't tracking a Topic then the link would appear as it does now. However, if you are tracking it then it would read something like "Untrack this topic"

Another suggestion. Put the Track this Topic link at the end instead of the beginning (or both places). I usually decide to track after I have added a reply and have to scroll to the top to click the link. I know, I know, not a big deal -- just a little friendlier.

Edited by Thot
I can see how this could be difficult to do, but if it's not, how about making the "Track this topic" link into a toggle so you don't have to surf over to "My Controls' then chase down the topic to untrack it.

If you aren't tracking a Topic then the link would appear as it does now. However, if you are tracking it then it would read something like "Untrack this topic"

Another suggestion. Put the Track this Topic link at the end instead of the beginning (or both places). I usually decide to track after I have added a reply and have to scroll to the top to click the link. I know, I know, not a big deal -- just a little friendlier.

The forums are off-the-shelf software. They try to keep any customizations to a minimum, since customized code is a real pain to upgrade.

At the lower right corner of every forum post, there's an arrow you can click on to return you to the top of the page. Click on that. Or your "Home" key. You really don't *have* to scroll, unless you want to.