Category Proposal: Museum Ships/boats/subs

This category would cover any water vehicle that was once used as a ship/boat/sub in oceans or lakes and is now a landlocked OR permanently moored museum.

Examples I am aware of:

USS Constitution in Boston

Boston Tea Party ship

a retired submarine in Cleveland, Ohio

a retired Great Lakes ship in Toledo, Ohio

a few various aircraft carriers in the world

Thanks for your consideration :lol:

I would like to second this idea. My radio club activates a Museum Ship every year in Museum Ships Weekend.

Here is a list of international ships participating in 2005" 2005 Museum Ships Event

Here is the partial list for 2006: 2006 Museum Ships Weekend Sponsored by the BAttleship New Jersey During the event, if you contact a ship or listen (High Frequency/Short Wave) you can get a QSL card.

These ships are open year round. Some are running, most are docked and not running. In my local area there is the Victory Ship Lane Victory (operational), WWII Army Tug Angels Gate (operational), and the Queen Mary (permanently docked.) If you go to one of the above links, many of the ships have a web site with more info.

If the OP wants to continue the idea, please add me.

Floating Museums sounds good.

Go to my link above and you will see that in addition to: Battleships, Cruisers, Destroyers, Frigates, Subs, Cutters, Victory ships, Minesweepers, Icebreakers, Lightships, Tugs, and Ironclads, there is a Flying Boat.