Beaufort County Land Trust

robnfl

Does anyone know if the Beaufort County Land Trust permits caches to be placed on their land? I'm new to the sport and would like to place a few caches in the Beaufort area, but I have been informed by the "reviewer" that I need permission to place caches, even on public property. For some reason I assumed...yeah, silly me...that if the land was public, and wasn't an off-limits location, I could place a cache there. Oh well, I guess I've gotta contact the Land Trust and try to explain to them what geocaching is.

Rob

Do some searches on Beaufort county. Some people there got upset about geocaches in cemetaries and now the SC House has passed an anti-geocaching bill. If I'm correct it's waiting for the next term to go to the Senate for debate.

I'm not sure what type of public land the Trust contains, but some land will possibly be off limits if this bill becomes law. I think it's silly - but it's happened. That's why the approvers there are very picky about caches (they don't want anything else to happen that may upset people and cause more problems).

sd