Travel Bug Question

bonnjer

It's a good idea to do that--especially if the tb has a specific mission. That way, when someone finds it in a cache (and hasn't already read about it on the tb page), they know if the can help it on it's way. Sometimes I leave tbs in the cache because I don't know where they want to go, and I am afraid that I might be taking them the wrong direction.

...Sometimes I leave tbs in the cache because I don't know where they want to go, and I am afraid that I might be taking them the wrong direction.

I always take the ones with no mission statements attached. I figure that if they wanted it to stay on track, they should have cared enough to make a mission tag. In fact, when I get home and discover it IS on a mission, I usually go out of my way to send it in the opposte direction. ;)

Note: The above stated was a lie. Please don't flame. ;)

I just picked up a TB, and almost took it 2200 miles in the wrong direction. <_< Geocaching on vacations is tricky if U can't get to a puter and check on things.

SO: YES.. put a tag on your TB. Definately.

If I find a TB without a mission statement, and I know the mission from looking online beforehand, then I always put a note in a cache log to guide the next cacher. <_<

I think half the fun of owning a TB is watching it travel. As long as mine move, I don't care if people follow the goal or not.

How boring would a bug be if, for example, it wanted to travel to Hawaii, and the first person who picked it up took it there?

It doesn't hurt to put a goal tag on the bug (you can actually print these directly from your TB page), but if it doesn't follow your goal, just enjoy the ride.

I'm working on my first cache and will be placing a TB in it. My question is....do you attach something to the TB and tag specifying its mission? Thanks in advance for any help you can give.

Jeremy

yes.

also make sure that you've 'activated' the TB, which is required to register its movement anyways.

(normally I wouldn't bother pointing that out but I don't see any TBs as owned by your account, that that scares me <_<)