Logging Tb's

LITTLEKAT

Hi again, folks,

I just did my first retrieval of a TB and logged it in on the Tracking TB section of this site. I also logged in my finding of the cache under hide and seek. Was that a double log or is that how it's supposed to be done?

Simple question. No need to tie up the string for long with it. But since I've only been doing this for a week I want to get off to the right start.

I plan to drop it off somewhere within the next week.

I am not sure that i understand the question, but you do usually log a TB twice.

You'll log it once in the cache where you found it. Then you officially log it into your possession in the Track TB site. I checked and it looks like you did it correctly.

Please remember to drop it off next week. I cringe when my TB gets picked up by a new cacher. I'm glad to see someone stumbling, but succeeding.

Hi again, folks,

I just did my first retrieval of a TB and logged it in on the Tracking TB section of this site. I also logged in my finding of the cache under hide and seek. Was that a double log or is that how it's supposed to be done?

I think you did it just fine. You logged the cache find just like you are supposed to.

Then, you logged the travel bug just like you are supposed to.

Now, when you find the cache where you drop off the travel bug, you will do the same thing again. Only now, when logging the cache, it will ask if you left a Travel Bug. You will see what to do when you go to drop it off.

Also, the cool thing about travel bugs is that they are not considered trading stock. You don't have to trade for them, simply take them if you can help them meet their goal!

My daughter just LOVES to find travel bugs and learn about where they have been. They are a neat part of this game.

Thanks everyone, and thanks to Thot for sending me his help page. Just one more question. Do I have to put it in a cache that holds another TB or can it go in any cache? I'll try to get the keychain first. I know someone who has a son in a local U.

HEY, LOOK AT THE MARGIN! I'M NOT A TADPOLE ANYMORE!!! :P

Edited by LITTLEKAT
I am not sure that i understand the question, but you do usually log a TB twice.

You'll log it once in the cache where you found it.  Then you officially log it into your possession in the Track TB site.  I checked and it looks like you did it correctly.

Please remember to drop it off next week.  I cringe when my TB gets picked up by a new cacher.  I'm glad to see someone stumbling, but succeeding.

Is there really a problem all that often with a n00b picking up a travel bug? I look forward to finding one that I can help along its way. I've seen topics here about folks who collect them or fail to log them or whatever and it boggles my mind that someone would screw up another person's travel bug.

When I found out about geocaching I foolishly thought that everybody would OF COURSE not:

1. mess up a cache

2. fail to trade up or even

3. leave utter crap

4. take pride in what they were doing

5. fail to respect the environment

6. etc., etc. etc.

After reading some of the posts here I have to heave a heavy sigh of resignation and understand that all sorts of folks cache - even ones who just don't give a darn about other folks.

I'm a new cacher but you can rest assured that if I find a travel bug with a destination listed I won't take it if I can't help it in the right direction. If I find one with no destination I may well take it. Either way I won't collect it, fail to log it, forget about it, or fail to move it along in a timely manner. After all, if something comes up and you won't be able to move it in a timely manner you can always put it in another nearby cache or even return it to the one you got it from in order to keep it in circulation.

It seems a bit of a bummer that there would be enough of an issue with new folks for someone to cringe upon seeing that their bug had been picked up by a n00b. :)