Easy Gps?

As there are only 3 topics for troubleshooting in EasyGPS's help section, I have a question that is not answered there. My question is, why doesn't the transferred waypoints show up on my GPS? I checked the ones to download from Geocaching.com, it then brought up the EasyGPS site where it showed the waypoints. I did the "transfer to GPS" and my GPS said "transfer complete" but when I try to find the waypoint, it is not there. It worked fine on the day I installed the program but now I am frustrated as it doesn't seem to work properly. I followed all of the set up guides ect. in EasyGPS. Any ideas??

I don't use EasyGPS very much anymore because GSAK (Geocaching Swiss Army Knife) is so powerful and versatile.

Since you are a Premium Member, you can create and download Pocket Queries which GSAK can open. I've never had a problem sending the waypoints from my "sliced and diced and filtered" waypoints from GSAK to my GPSr.

GSAK is free to try. You might download it and see if it works better for you.

Not a lot of info to go on but I'll take a shot. When you load waypoints into your GPS it fills up waypoint memory. Then when you do it again it updates the old waypoints and the new ones fill more waypont memory. When you hit the limit your GPS is full and it can't accpet new waypoints. For me that's 500. For some newer GPSs thats 1000.

If you can't find a specific waypoint odds are it's one of the ones that could not be added or updated because your waypoint memory is full. You need to empty out some or all of your waypoints in memory before you can load up all your new ones.

That's a guess. If you can rule it out we can try another angle.

According my GPS (ETrex Legend) it is only 6% full for the memory. I did delete a lot of the caches I have already found but still don't know why the 1st time I sent waypoints to the GPS it worked and 2 days later it didn't. I really like a program inputting the coords for me as I have a lot of caches to find (didn't realize this "sport" was so addicting)! I have turned several of my friends ontot he game and they love it also. Thanks for the input and I'll see what else I can do. Happy hunting!! :lol:

The number of waypoints and the amount of memory used are two different things.

You have either a 500 or 1000 waypoint limit on that unit.

If you are loading lots of waypoints from either EasyGPS or GSAK, you may need to delete all the Geocache waypoints on the Legend first, then reload new ones for the search area you will be in that day.

If I create a waypoint for something else, I make sure I don't use the Geocache icon. That way I won't lose a waypoint I want when I delete the Geocache and Geocache Found waypoints from my Vista C, which has a 500-waypoint limit.