Seeking Rappelling Caches In Central/north Jersey

4wheelin_fool

I live in south Jersey and this past winter I moved back here from the eastern Tennessee/ Western NCarolina area. I learned to rappell and spelunk while down south and havent been able to do it recently. I would like to visit some areas to climb/ rappell and explore caves if possible. If anyone can recommend and post some good areas or caches in north/central Jersey where I could do this I would greatly appreciate it. I dont usually venture much past Trenton with the price of gas being what it is, but if there is some caving or climbing to be done I'm there!

Thanks!

I live in south Jersey and this past winter I moved back here from the eastern Tennessee/ Western NCarolina area. I learned to rappell and spelunk while down south and havent been able to do it recently. I would like to visit some areas to climb/ rappell and explore caves if possible. If anyone can recommend and post some good areas or caches in north/central Jersey where I could do this I would greatly appreciate it. I dont usually venture much past Trenton with the price of gas being what it is, but if there is some caving or climbing to be done I'm there!

Thanks!

Although Hartclimbs' cache is probably good, he states in a note that it doesn't require any gear.

I believe that the only true climbing cache in the area is Vertical Limit.

I just found HartClimb's Allamuchy Climber's Cache this weekend, and even thought it doesn't REQUIRE climbing, you could certainly make it so... from the top or the bottom. The cliffs have excellent toprope trees, and also have a good base and rock face for for upward climbing.

I live in south Jersey and this past winter I moved back here from the eastern Tennessee/ Western NCarolina area.  I learned to rappell and spelunk while down south and havent been able to do it recently.  I would like to visit some areas to climb/ rappell and explore caves if possible. If anyone can recommend and post some good areas or caches in north/central Jersey where I could do this I would greatly appreciate it. I dont usually venture much past Trenton with the price of gas being what it is, but if there is some caving or climbing to be done I'm there! 

Thanks!

Although Hartclimbs' cache is probably good, he states in a note that it doesn't require any gear.

I believe that the only true climbing cache in the area is Vertical Limit.

Correct. It doesn't require gear. You can approach it from another direction, but its directly at the top of a popular climbing cliff. In fact while Skigirl and I were signing the log, we were startled to see a hand, then another, then a head appear over the edge of the nearby cliff.