Multicache/traditional Cache?

I've got two good spots to hide caches. I'd like to do the two together as a multi. (Some clues at the first to get the second.) However, the first spot, though pretty is easy to get to. The second location would be seriously harder. (a few miles walk round trip. I'd like people to be able to log the first cache as a traditional without having to get the second cache, or find them both and get the multi.

My idea for this:

2 cache listings.

1: Traditional cache.

2. A multistage cache with only one stage. Given coords would be for parking. You wolud need to find and solve the puzzle at the first traditional cache to get the location of the single stage-multi.

Is this a crazy idea?

Should I just do 2 traditionals or one multi?

I've got two good spots to hide caches. I'd like to do the two together as a multi. (Some clues at the first to get the second.) However, the first spot, though pretty is easy to get to. The second location would be seriously harder. (a few miles walk round trip. I'd like people to be able to log the first cache as a traditional without having to get the second cache, or find them both and get the multi.

My idea for this:

2 cache listings.

1: Traditional cache.

2. A multistage cache with only one stage. Given coords would be for parking. You wolud need to find and solve the puzzle at the first traditional cache to get the location of the single stage-multi.

Is this a crazy idea?

Should I just do 2 traditionals or one multi?

Make the second one a Mystery/Puzzle cache instead of a Multicache.

I have seen caches where you have to find one to get the coordinates for another. (In fact, there's one in MA where you have to find two moving TB's to get the coords for a cache! {Treasure Chest}) You could easily do your idea without making a multi. Just put the coords for the difficult one in the easy one. That way people could just do one or do both which sounds like your main intent.

Now that I think about it, you probably could list it as a multi, but it wouldn't really make any difference as far as accomplishing your intent. One way or the other, go for it!

I have seen caches where you have to find one to get the coordinates for another. (In fact, there's one in MA where you have to find two moving TB's to get the coords for a cache! {Treasure Chest}) You could easily do your idea without making a multi. Just put the coords for the difficult one in the easy one. That way people could just do one or do both which sounds like your main intent.

Now that I think about it, you probably could list it as a multi, but it wouldn't really make any difference as far as accomplishing your intent. One way or the other, go for it!

I think ths is a great idea