Replacement Gps V Locking Up

Well I unpacked my "new" replacement GPS V that Garming sent in exchange for my original V that just died on me. I loaded up my waypoints, a couple of maps, and 3 routes to get me to South Carolina from middle Tennessee. The next morning my unit screen locked up on me as soon as we pulled out of the driveway. The only way I could regain control over the unit was to open the battery door, and unplug the car cord. I was then able to power the unit back on and it seemed to be working alright. While travelling on I-40 towards Knoxville, I noticed my indicator arrow was never on the Interstate itself displayed on the screen. In fact the unit was saying I was travelling East towards I-40, and at times would tell me I was off course and recalculate a route to get me back to I-40. In the course of the next few days, the unit locked up on me 3 more times. I called Garmin Service, and talked to "Brock" who suggested I do a reset by holding in the zoom, quit and power on button. I did so, and things seemed to be alright although I was at times still being shown "off road". Well the unit locked up on me again today while in the mountains.

Has anyone else had similar things happen to them? Can you share your experiences and solutions? I do believe this unit will be going back to Garmin along with my insistance that they send me a brand new repacement, rather than a refurbished or dealer buy back unit. This is beginning to get me riled up. I really like the GPS V when it is working right.

Edited by Scooter38401

After talking with Garmin service today, they are sending me an entire new GPS V Deluxe package via next day delivery, complete with new MapSource software! On top of that they gave me a phone number to call to have some shipper service come to my house and pick up my "replacement" GPS that is locking up [along with all software that came with it], to send it back to Garmin on Garmin's nickel. Now how is that for service? I say GREAT!!!!!!!

Edited by Scooter38401