Phone Unlocks

Need some help form you techno people out there, whilst caching on Scaffell the other week, plonker chops here dropped his PDA and broked it!!

Luckily, it was insured, and they have replaced it.

There lieth the problem, they have replaced my XDA 2 with and XDA 2i, managed to load Tom Tom, Memory Map and gsak

As yet i have failed to find an unlock code/programme for it for free.

It's on o2 but i need to put it on Orange so that i can connect in the field to check out cache pages etc.

If anyone knows if it is possible then i would appreciate your help.

If i can't unlock it....................................anyone want to buy an XDA2i??? :D:D

I shall need to buy an XDA2 from somewhere :D

i think it might actually be ilegal now to unlock a phone unless you are a manufacturer or autherised dealer. not entirely sure though, maybe not.

that's not to say it isn't doable, but take it into a shop and they'll likely want 30 quid or more.

there's a bit of info here which might at least start you off on the search. http://www.3g.co.uk/3GForum/archive/index.php/t-20024.html

+++

ah, on further rumaging it's only illegal to change the phones IMEI number, but so long as you don't do that, unlocking it from a network is ok.

Edited by ClanWhippy

One other thing I highly recommend you do is remove the O2 Active program that comes pre-installed on the XDA II series.

To do this you need to perform a hard reset so make sure you have a current back up on ActiveSync then perform the hard reset.

When you restart the XDA look out for the option which says O2 Active Personal or Corporate (can't remember the exact phrasing). You need to check the corporate option then input the pin code 0506.

The XDA will now reload without O2 Active. O2 themselves told me to remove it because it is too unstable! It causes all sorts of locking up and slow running problems.

You might like to check out the XDA-Developers Forum. Don't be put off by the title. It is a non-techie forum too. There is tons of info on there, links to software, ROMs and how to unlock the phone.

Simon