Pocket Pc And Garmin Ique M5

Hello fellow geocachers-

You are reading my first post to this forum although I have learned much from it. I just replaced my Garmin iQue 3600 (Palm operating system) with the Garmin iQue M5 (Pocket PC operating system). Does anyone know of any software similar to Cachemate that works on the Pocket PC operating system? I am currently (and sadly) out of geocaching-commission until I resolve this issue.

Thanks!!

Captain Toast

Thanks to both of you for your suggestions. I have tried all and they seem to work well. I am searching still for software that allows me to find nearest caches to my locataion (most do that), display them on a map of some sort with a point (most do that), and gives me detailed info about the cache if I click on the cache icon on the map (haven't found that yet). Anyone know of a more complete solution?

Nevertheless, I am now 'cache-ready' and will be off to Wisconsin this weekend to try this out.

Thanks again for your suggestions!!

CaptainToast

Thanks to both of you for your suggestions. I have tried all and they seem to work well. I am searching still for software that allows me to find nearest caches to my locataion (most do that), display them on a map of some sort with a point (most do that), and gives me detailed info about the cache if I click on the cache icon on the map (haven't found that yet). Anyone know of a more complete solution?

Nevertheless, I am now 'cache-ready' and will be off to Wisconsin this weekend to try this out.

Thanks again for your suggestions!!

CaptainToast

There is NO software that will give you a detailed info. The City Select is about the best transfer waypoints from PC using GSAK and City Select. Then use GPSSonar on the PDA to view the .gpx file info.

If you have questions email me

cheers

Memory-Map Navigator will let you load the LOC or GPX files directly from into the program without going through GSAK. (But, I still use GSAK for a lot of other reasons.) It will display the points on a map and allow you to use the GPS to guide you there. Regarding the detailed info, it has the PC version and PPC version bundled together. On the PC version, double-clicking the mark will take you to the cache website. On the PPC, I download the html files from GSAK into the PPC and can open them to look at the cache details.

Thanks for all of the suggestions. I just tried out this solution tonight that worked for me:

* I used the Mapsource program that came with the iQue M5 (with upgrade) to import the gpx files from the pocket query directly into the PC, and then I exported the maps from the PC into the M5's map. This allowed me the ability to autoroute to a cache while in my car.

*I also uploaded the gpx file to the M5. I downloaded and used BeeLineGPS (thanks for the suggestion!) to do the actual geocaching once I arrived close to the location using the M5's routing. Great program!

*To view the details of the caches, I used GPXSonar, which gives a nice 'geocaching.com' view of the description of the caches. Nice program for the cache descriptions, but not useable as a geocaching tool.

The bottom line: I have a solution that meets my needs, but I have to use three different programs: Mapsource (to get the caches on to the M5's maps for routing), GPXSonar (to view the cache description and log details), and BeeLineGPS (to zero in on the cache once I'm in the vincinity). I sure wish BeeLineGPS had that cache viewing feature, or I wish GPXSonar had the ability to zero in on a cache.

I'm open for other suggestions. Thanks for your comments!!

CaptainToast