Use Of Geocaching/Groundspeak Logos

Modzyan

My family and I are new geocachers and we absolutely love it. We are wanting to make our own signature cards to place in our caches that have the geocaching logo and website address. Are there any guidelines or restrictions we need to abide by. Your feedback would be greatly appreciated.

I'm glad I read this thread as I have a webpage on my website ( http://www.imrubicon.com/geocache.htm ) and did not realize some of the legal requirements. I knew that I could use the logo for a non-commercial site but I didn't realize I had to link back to geocaching.com nor that I had to put the language about using the logo with permission. I updated this page tonight so it not only looks nice with the logo but also conforms to the legal requirements. I'm always learning something on this forum. Thanks for the question and the answer as well!

I'm glad I read this thread as I have a webpage on my website ( http://www.imrubicon.com/geocache.htm ) and did not realize some of the legal requirements.  I knew that I could use the logo for a non-commercial site but I didn't realize I had to link back to geocaching.com nor that I had to put the language about using the logo with permission.  I updated this page tonight so it not only looks nice with the logo but also conforms to the legal requirements.  I'm always learning something on this forum.  Thanks for the question and the answer as well!

Why on earth do you have javascript on your page, disabling right-clicking? That's both rude* and annoying. Do you really think the benefit of this (which is zero, because it's trivial to use other methods, or simply disable javascript) outweighs ticking off people who visit your website?

*Rude, because it assumes (falsely) that everyone who right-clicks on a page is trying to steal something off the page.