Snapshot Of 60cs Window

losel2

I have only owned my GPSMAP 60CS for about three months now and I am still learning the different features this machine has to offer.

Today I downloaded and installed update software Ver. 4.00 for my 60CS along with xImage ver 2.3. I have experimented with the xImage software and was able to transfer a snapshot of the 60CS to my desktop. Love this feature.

However, here is my question: How can I take a snapshot of my 60CS in the field (like the coord's for a particular cache) and be able to save that snapshot until I get back home to my PC to make the transfer through xImage?

I do not have a laptop to do this with in the field nor do I own a Palm unit at this present time. I do not know if it is even possible to do this with a Palm unit?

I realize that xImage is basically used for the tranferring of waypoint symbols to and from the GPSr and PC. My manual only says on page 27 to use the help files and there is no information there that I can use for my particular problem.

Any suggestions?

I have only owned my GPSMAP 60CS for about three months now and I am still learning the different features this machine has to offer.

Today I downloaded and installed update software Ver. 4.00 for my 60CS along with xImage ver 2.3.  I have experimented with the xImage software and was able to transfer a snapshot of the 60CS to my desktop.  Love this feature.

However, here is my question: How can I take a snapshot of my 60CS in the field (like the coord's for a particular cache) and be able to save that snapshot until I get back home to my PC to make the transfer through xImage?

I do not have a laptop to do this with in the field nor do I own a Palm unit at this present time.  I do not know if it is even possible to do this with a Palm unit?

from what i hear there is no way of doing this with out a laptop

my advise to you is to contact garmin and ask them

garmin tech support

as what i am getting from your post

you want to get a shot of the gps screen at the cache spot?

well

are you just typing in the coords to the cache by hand or do you transfer them by mapsource?

you can just take a pic of the spot where you found it

from the map on the gpsr

WAY POINT SCREEN

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v737/Med...pointscreen.bmp

However, here is my question: How can I take a snapshot of my 60CS in the field (like the coord's for a particular cache) and be able to save that snapshot until I get back home

It seems to me you want to use the wrong mechanism to do what you want. What I think you really want is to mark a waypoint. You can do that by pressing the "mark" button which will save the current coordinates into a waypoint.

Either that or I totally misunderstand what you want to do.

First of all, I do transfer my gpx files into my GPSr by the use of EasyGPS. Seems to work for me just great.

As far as my snapshots, I was wanting to take the shot of the entire screen which would not only include the coordinates but also my selected headings on top. These could include Accuracy, Heading, Coord's, or even other pages and Elevation for instance. So no, I am not just interested in coord's but all the other possibilities also. I am planning a cache and using a Projected Waypoint to locate a cache and would like that shot along with elevation as an example. I just didn't provide all this information to begin with because I didn't know it was important. I guess you techy people need all the what's and how's. Sorry I didn't provide it to begin with.

Anyway, all I was trying to do simply was to be able to take the snapshot of my entire screen, no matter which screen, and then be able to send it in an email perhaps later. My guess is that it is not possible at this time WITH OUT THE USE OF A LAPTOP. :lol: