Broken Record

Marcie/Eric

I probably sound like one, but is there something in the works, or will there be, to introduce a search word or phrase into the pcket query function?

I just wanted to run a specific PQ, and then realized that there isn't a parameter to filter using a word.

Thanks everyone who responds with knowledge or flames. :yikes:

Okay, I'll bite. How many caches are you expecting to find based on a key word?

I find a load of them using the keyword search from the main Hide/Seek page. Problem is, you can't (not to my knowledge) centralise them in some fashion. I suppose I could download all the LOCs, and then use EasyGPS or something to seek out the ones nearest to me. However it only seems logical GC evolution that this feature would be added in the near future, or by now.

Here are some possible examples:

NIGHT

HAUNTED

LOOKOUT

RIVER

BIKE TRAIL

RAILROAD

MINING

CEMETERY

I expect I could find some, nearest to my Zip, or whatever, and then get the PQ (GPXs) sent to me, instead of the LOCs that have no info.

Or, you could just get the PQs for the area you plan on caching in, then use one of the 3rd party apps like Watcher of GSAK to search the caches in your PQ for the phrase you are looking for.

I've thought of that, but back to the original point.. why wouldn't this feature be incorporated into PQs?

I could download a PQ, and then use GSAK or something to filter out the micros, or the multis, or the puzzles. Still, those features are incorporated. Why not a simple search word/phrase parameter? Then I could download 500 specific ones, without having to download 500 general caches, then filter out, what, maybe 5-10 per PQ or something?

Point is, I could do something myself to get the results I want. I jjust thought that this might be an added bonus to PQs that qould get used extensively.

Perhaps i'm wrong.

Heck, I'm still waiting for the ability to get only those caches that have had any log in the past 7 days.

If you want those that have any log in the last 7 days you can get it by selecting "Updated in the last 7 days", this includes any logs or changes to the listing.

CR are not premium members?

Edited by Marcie/Eric
Heck, I'm still waiting for the ability to get only those caches that have had any log in the past 7 days.

If you want those that have any log in the last 7 days you can get it by selecting "Updated in the last 7 days", this includes any logs or changes to the listing.

CR are not premium members.

Yes he is.

CR are not premium members.

Yes he is.

Well, Mopar, he really is right. We're not premium members. We're Charter members! <_<

Anyway, it's all cool.

When did that change? :laughing:

And why was I not personally informed my wishes had been granted? (Considering I've been harping on this for some time now!) <_<

Anyway, that's for the new functionality! :laughing: