A Bit Of Contradiction In Gpsmap 60c Manual

I just ordered a 60C to replace my Meridian Marine and while waiting for it to arrive I downloaded the PDF manual. On page 75 of the manual it states that the max map size that can be downloaded to the unit is 24mB, while the adds claim 56mB. Which is correct? Or does the 24mB refer to the max size of an individual map, while 56mB is available for multiple maps?

Also, it's not clear in the manual whether I can download more than one map to the unit and switch back and forth like I can on the Magellan? Sounds like each map downloaded overwrites the previous one. I need to be able to do this as I go back and forth from MI to FL a lot and need to take detailed city maps and marine charts when I go, and I don't want to drag a laptop along just to change maps every time I take the boat out.

Hey FiddlinFool, I've owned my 60C for over a yr and never caught that obvious error in the manual regarding 24 MB of map data. It does in fact except much more, the 56 MB advertised. I honestly never loaded mine to the max but I got close.

To answer your question on loading multiple map sets you sure can. Check this Map60C FAQs helpful link. I load both US Topo for hiking/caching and City Select v.6 for auto-routing. You can load other map types as well along with these.

I love my 60C and I'm sure you will too!

The thing about Garmins, most users don't spend much time looking at the manuals - they just take it out of the box, put batteries in and start using them. :) They're very intuitive to use!

I think you're the 1st person to catch that error!

I just checked the manual that came with my unit when they first came out, and it correctly states 56MB on that page. There must've been some confusion when producing the newer version of the manual on the Web page with the specs on the GPSMAP 60 (which is a B&W model with only 24MB of memory).

The thing about Garmins, most users don't spend much time looking at the manuals - they just take it out of the box, put batteries in and start using them. :mad: They're very intuitive to use!

That is true, I read it a little bit when I got my first GPS (Vista) in 2001.

60CS manual I have not even opened :D