28 pages and still alive.."AVATARS"

JamesJM

amazing, absolutely amazing.

"how to post an avatar" is STILL getting replies...since, I think, correct me if I'm wrong....the Roosevelt administration...the first one.

In fact, it is seldom that I log on and the 'most recent' post is NOT in that thread.

I don't know...I'm just not all that turned on by Avatars. Some are cute, I admit that....Jeremy's is scary, I've mentioned that. BUT...

If I were to guess which thread topic, "anchored or not", would dominate the board since Woodrow Wilson, (oops, I think I said Roosevelt didn't I?), it would NOT have been Avatars.....yet on second thought...

there exists no "Medical Breakthough 3" Guaranteed Growth" threads...so I suppose it isn't all THAT surprising. - JamesJM

Why not? It's a test thread. There is little, if any, discussion going on in there. The main purpose is so people (mainly people new to message boards) can test their avatar files and signature files.

If that thread didn't exist there would be dozens of 'test' threads. Some of these exist even with the avatar thread.

southdeltan

mystats.php?userid=southdeltan&vopt=link&txtdata=MS%20Geocachers%20Association&bgcol=FFFFFF&fgcol=000000&imbadge=y&badgetyp=msga-logo.jpg

I just wish it were more plainly labeled as a test thread. I don't know if that's something that can be changed, maybe to "POST TEST MESSAGES HERE". As it is now, we still get someone starting new test threads once or twice a week.

Maybe they could lock and unstick the old thread, and let it die, and start a new one with a more descriptive title.

3608_2800.gif

"Don't mess with a geocacher. We know all the best places to hide a body."

quote:
Originally posted by Prime Suspect:

I just wish it were more plainly labeled as a test thread. _

Yeah, well when I posted that I certainly had tongue firmly in cheek. icon_smile.gif

Testing is a bit of a problem, I suppose. I know InfoPop does have a version where a post "preview" is possible. This solves the testing problem, as long as people USE it that is. - JamesJM