Did I Spam A Logbook?

Pro-Zak

First off, I tried geocaching a few weeks ago while on a business trip, and just ordered myself a GPS. Yay!

My question is of etiquette in my log signing. I wrote a quick note, TNLN, and then listed the URL to a website I run with a friend. Our website is an Urban Exploration site of New York City, which I figured might be interesting to people that did some exploring themselves just to get to the point where I left the address.

I don't sell V1agr@, don't give stock tips, have no cheap software to sell, etc. ... but I don't want to cheese off anyone that's going to say "spam spam spam!" I only wrote it in the same size letters I used say "hello" with in my 3 line signing.

So, is this a bad thing?

Sure! It's The Urban New Yorker

We're a bit slow getting things up-to-date. ;) We only just put the winter expo pictures up last month, and have a half-dozen past explorations in preliminary write-ups. Once my GPS comes (I got the Garmin eTrex Legend), I'll have even less time to write and weed through pictures! But eventually, we'll have a GPS section there as well.

Edited by Pro-Zak

Hey, that's a nice looking site. I wonder how many kids surfing by will never have seen a 35mm slide.

Urban exploration and geocaching would be perfect together, and I'm sure you'll find exploring with the GPS adds a whole new dimension for you (incidentally, all the coolest people have a Legend). At some point, you should get a companion mapping program for your PC -- you can upload the stored "breadcrumb" track from your GPSr and superimpose it over the street map (or satellite photos or whatever). This is just impossibly cool.

Unfortunately, you won't keep signal in the subway. In fact, it's occasionally troublesome in some of the deeper urban canyons. But I brought home some neat (if occasionally spotty) tracks from wandering around London.

Oh, and the geocaching thing is pretty cool, too. But I've sadly neglected my own person web stuff since taking it up.

I always enter whatever I feel is appropriate. I do not seek approval or blessings for same.

Yeah, I'm all about that too ... but since I'm new, I figured I'd play nice & neat if such are the rules. Some urb-ex groups are very anal about their rules, so I'm tip-toeing as I delve into this new hobby & the fora here.