Creating a long distance relationship trackable

TohiHarmonics

Hello, my gf and I are in a LDR. I live in America and she lives in Australia. I was wanting to create two trackables. One that I would release here where I live in America and one that she releases in Australia. The goal would be to have them find each other and when they do they could clip together to become a single trackable possibly or just travel together as two trackables. We are not sure how we should create these trackables and would be open to any suggestions and ideas you may have. Thank you so much.

13 hours ago, TohiHarmonics said:

The goal would be to have them find each other and when they do they could clip together to become a single trackable possibly or just travel together as two trackables. We are not sure how we should create these trackables

This sounds like an intriguing idea, but one that may be very difficult to see actually happen!  Here's what I would do:
Get your trackables, just a simple dog tag type will do, as what you really need is the code.  Attach those dog tags/codes to small figures or items representing you and your GF.

Create the trackable page with your love story, and the mission of the two TB's to meet someplace (put the link to both TB pages on each of the two pages so people can see the travels and locations of both TB's) and perhaps travel together once they meet.

Create a laminated card or other attachment that tells the story as well to travel with the TB tags, so someone picking it up will be immediately aware of the mission and goal.

Release them  - and hope for the best. Try not to be TOO disappointed if they go missing or disappear for long periods of time.  And rejoice exceedingly if the goal is accomplished!!

• Upvote 1
14 hours ago, TohiHarmonics said:

Hello, my gf and I are in a LDR. I live in America and she lives in Australia. I was wanting to create two trackables. One that I would release here where I live in America and one that she releases in Australia. The goal would be to have them find each other and when they do they could clip together to become a single trackable possibly or just travel together as two trackables. We are not sure how we should create these trackables and would be open to any suggestions and ideas you may have. Thank you so much.

Does your girlfriend have any finds?  Any Trackables found?   Thanks.

- Just curious why you picked a hobby's side-game for an idea before participating in it.  

Trackables depend on humans to move them (hopefully) as you request in your Trackable's "goal".

I mailed a Trackable (from a promotion) to Australia, thinking it'd remain a while. Promotion Trackables seem to be collected here and not moved.

It was Retrieved and brought to Europe in a couple weeks...   :laughing:

Sounds fun, kinda romantic, and as long as you're okay that people may not make it happen... sure, give it a shot.   :)

Like CAVinoGal, I'd stay on the low end of Trackables, maybe using This and This as your experiment in reality.  Good luck.

Found a cute one Here, I'll leave it to you guys to maybe find something similar locally...

• Helpful 1
On 7/9/2023 at 2:27 PM, cerberus1 said:

Does your girlfriend have any finds?  Any Trackables found?   Thanks.

- Just curious why you picked a hobby's side-game for an idea before participating in it.  

Trackables depend on humans to move them (hopefully) as you request in your Trackable's "goal".

I mailed a Trackable (from a promotion) to Australia, thinking it'd remain a while. Promotion Trackables seem to be collected here and not moved.

It was Retrieved and brought to Europe in a couple weeks...   :laughing:

Sounds fun, kinda romantic, and as long as you're okay that people may not make it happen... sure, give it a shot.   :)

Like CAVinoGal, I'd stay on the low end of Trackables, maybe using This and This as your experiment in reality.  Good luck.

Found a cute one Here, I'll leave it to you guys to maybe find something similar locally...

I love geocaching but have since got divorced and wanted to get into it with her so we created this account. She has never done it before. She did find one with the help of me, but it was before we created our account so she couldn’t mark it as a find. I would find some here but would rather wait for her. I told her to use the cachly app but it’s not available on android. I wanted my wife to still be able to go geocaching so let her have our account. I know that she will love to geocache and thought the LDR trackable idea was perfect. Again same as you, that was my thought use the origins country trackables. I just wasn’t sure where to go from there but I think we’ll try to do Lego minifigures, since they are cheap and easy. We’d just have to glue them together. I would assume she could get them in Australia somewhere. Thanks for the links and the help you both gave me.

• Upvote 1