Road Trip

CGT

OK, i am getting ready to go on a road trip to cali and want to do some caches on the way (rest stops and other ones right off the freeway) what is the best way to go about locating those. The searches you can do on the web site only let you search from a town (or cords) out in a big circle. If would be nice if there was a map of all the ones in oregon (and cali) and then you could just follow the freeway down and pick all the ones you wanted. You may be able to do this with the upgraded membership cuz i know you can get to more maps but i guess i want to make sure before i pay for it. None of the other features are all the importand to me but if i can do this, i may have to upgrade. If anyone has any other ideas let me know

You need premium membership as you will have the map and can zoomin/out pan and identify caches along a route and then set up pocket queries to find the caches based upon, i use just the waypoint number and get caches with in 25 miles so now you have rings of 25 miles to evaluate. That being said I have a friend that has a standard membership that uses .LOC files to make a trip route but it is involved and he doesnt say much of how he just hands me a loc file.

cheers

It's somewhat tedious, but you can also select towns along your route and do a search by zipcode to find nearest caches. You can then pick out one specific cache and search for nearby caches, leapfrogging in the direction your traveling.

It may be cumbersome, but the process pretty much dictates that you read cache pages as you search. This gives you a good chance to insure that you select the types of caches you want.

If you have a little time before your trip, post a topic in the appropriate regional forums. You may get lucky and meet some new friends. :P;)