What Happend To Image Descriptions?

fairhair

The image descriptions used to be displayed next to the image link in the cache listing, but they aren't there any more. If you use the link you will see the image only, not the description.

You can't see the dscription in the gallery either, because the gallery only displays one thumbnail (even if there are more images) and if you click on that thumbnail, you get back to the listing. Here's an example:

http://www.geocaching.com/seek/cache_detai...c8-e519e524f3ac

The image descriptions used to be displayed next to the image link in the cache listing, but they aren't there any more. If you use the link you will see the image only, not the description.

You can't see the dscription in the gallery either, because the gallery only displays one thumbnail (even if there are more images) and if you click on that thumbnail, you get back to the listing. Here's an example:

http://www.geocaching.com/seek/cache_detai...c8-e519e524f3ac

That's a known issue. Images uploaded to a cache page (rather than a cache log) aren't displayed in the "gallery" interface.

Edited by Prime Suspect

OK, but what about the first issue? As it is now, only the owner can read the image description (on the edit page). Other users cannot read the description, because it's not displayed in the cache listing as it used to be.

OK, but what about the first issue? As it is now, only the owner can read the image description (on the edit page). Other users cannot read the description, because it's not displayed in the cache listing as it used to be.

Yes, I noticed that the image descriptions had suddenly vanished on one of my cache pages too. I clicked the edit option, to see if the text was still there but just not visible on the regular page, and it was. I don't know how to make it visible again.

Any update on this issue?

One of my caches uses photo images to provide a virtual tour for cachers having difficulty, but without the corresponding descriptions the images could be confusing.

This issue doesn't appear to have been resolved yet. I tried editing an image description on one of my cache pages to see if just making a change would somehow refresh everyhing, but it didn't.

Is this problem related to the update referred to in the Image Server Maintenance thread? The missing image descriptions issue happened at about the same time that that thread was started.