Cache placement question

FireCacher

I have a cache I want to place. I was thinking about using a multiple cache because I have two interesting spots about 5 miles apart. I have the a property owners permissions to place the cache in between the two caches. I planned to place coord to the cache, then put the coord of the other two spots inside the cache.

One of the spots is an out of the way, off the beaten path museum that charges a small fee ($6 per adult, $3 per child) to get in. I know the rules say no commercial caches, but I thought this fell outside that rule. Any thoughts?

Thanks for your suggestions.

Is it commercial or not? Just because it has a fee to get into an area, doesn't mean that the cache is a commercial one. You're not enticing people to buy anything, are you?

We have a cache in the Chicago area (Take a Ride) that requires a fee to get onto the grounds - but it is NOT by any means a commercial cache.

My feeling is as long as you notate that the location has an entrance fee ahead of time, I wouldn't have a problem with it.

Markwell

Chicago Geocachers

It's not commercial in that I'm not making any $$$ from it, but it is a museum that charges a fee and provides someone (don't know who) $$$.

I thought it would be ok, but wanted to know what others thought. Since I have several caches that are in parks with fees, I didn't see much difference with a museum.

I've been to lots of caches that are placed in an area that charge admission. I certainly wouldn't object myself. Maybe you just need to point out that there is an entrance fee.

This commercial cache thing is subjective. I've seen caches placed in grocery stores and then I've seen caches denied because they were placed in a grocery store. Don't expect things to be done consistent because there is more than one moderator approving and denying.

But you've got permission, so go hide it quick, after all someone needs to find it.

Never Squat With Yer Spurs On