Lancaster Area

What area will you be in? When people talk about Lancaster, that can cover a pretty big area. From what I've seen, most of the stuff around the town of Lancaster - including PA Dutch country - is micros. If that's what you like, you're in good shape.

However, if you head to the Mount Gretna area (a bit west on I-283 or the Turnpike), you'll find quite a few nice caches in the woods. My family and I went there this past weekend, and there are some nice finds that don't involve long walks. I do a fair amount of caching while out of town on business, and I realize that you probably won't have a lot of time for mega-hikes. You should be able to snag a good number of caches near Mt. Gretna with only a couple of hours of sunlight. There are lots of nice trails, and you should be able to get around even if you can't change out of your grown-up clothes after the show.

And when you're done for the day, head to the Colebrook Twin Kiss. Mmm...

There are wonderful caches in Lancaster County Central Park such as "Timbrrrr!". As previous poster said there are great caches up near Mt Gretna, as well as good hunting south of Lancaster. Do a search on zip code 17566 which is Quarryville, PA and you will find numerous great caches.

We do seem to have our fair share of Micros, but we have a good number of regular caches also.

Happy Trails

Greg