Visiting San Diego

kiwimonster

I'll be visiting San Diego next week (from Oregon), and would like recommendations on particular caches that I should try to make sure to look for. I'll be staying in Scripps Ranch but also visiting friends in Oceanside and Carlsbad and will have a rental car. Thanks for any suggestions you can share!

We just got back from there...

We went to a Ghost hunter's conference & squeezed in some visiting time with the relatives as well...

There's a really neat one in Old Town "Gunfight at the Old Town Coral."

We tried to get a few in Balboa Park, but a few of them were Multi's that took 3 or 4 steps to complete.

There were more, but since we were trying to access them on my Blackberry, I couldn't pull up a map to try to locate the best options...

We did:

"Mystery of Livngtaroo" & "Beautiful Balboa Park"

Downtown: Jury Duty Cache #2

There was one in the Horton Plaza Parking garage we couldn't find.

There was one in the Gaslamp Quarter, but we ran out of time...

"Radio Flyers II" was within line of site of Seaworld...

I am assuming you are flying & not driving like we did.

We got 3 each way on HWY 5 back & forth to San Jose...

(Cat &) Bird

I'll be visiting San Diego next week (from Oregon), and would like recommendations on particular caches that I should try to make sure to look for. I'll be staying in Scripps Ranch but also visiting friends in Oceanside and Carlsbad and will have a rental car. Thanks for any suggestions you can share!

There are quite a few good multis in Balboa Park, as well as a great puzzle cache (The Artist's Secret)

I'll be visiting San Diego next week (from Oregon), and would like recommendations on particular caches that I should try to make sure to look for.  I'll be staying in Scripps Ranch but also visiting friends in Oceanside and Carlsbad and will have a rental car.  Thanks for any suggestions you can share!

High Fruit Scripps Ranche (SR); better with a partner but doable solo

The Maze 2 SR; same comments as above

All the ones around Miramar Lake SR

Anything by the Dak Girls Down I5 between Downtown San Diego and Oceanside

Local Treasure If you're going to be in Point Loma area, you gotta visit this local treasure

And if you like hiking, there's Iron Mountain, Lake Poway, and the SPT series on a Poway hilltop. Just to name a few.