Looking For Ammo Caches Only

AEGIS SPY

I have introduced my girlfriends son to Geocaching. He likes it, but he is not to keen on finding micros. As with all kids, he wants to find some "goodies". So I told him I would search for ammo cans only, but now I am having trouble. Is there any way to do this without filtering them myself? Even finding a ammo cache then clicking on "other caches of this type" on G.C.com doesn't return just ammo cans. Any ideas?

Thanks,

-Bandit

There are very, very few "large" caches (five gallon buckets, super-sized ammo cans, and custom containers). Most folks classify the typical .30 and .50 cal. ammo cans as "regular." So a pocket query that returns only "large" OR "regular" in the size filter will give you 500 caches to find. Have fun!

You're right, I should have said "regular". What was I thinking? Oops.

Thank you! So by entering "large"  or "regular" in the search field works? Going to try now. Thanks again!

-Bandit

There is no "search field" where size can be specified as an online search parameter -- you have to use the pocket query generator. But don't forget, you can view the pocket query search results online using the "preview results" feature to see them on the familiar "nearest cache page" format. Bookmark the results if you plan to use that search for future hunt planning, or get the query e-mailed to you as a downloadable file. Your choice.

EDIT: I see you did it the right way. Excellent!

Edited by The Leprechauns

After a hundred or so finds, my daughter got tired of the trading and now she enjoys the hike and the hunt more than anything else. She enjoys a well-done microcache as much as I do. She is also much quicker to criticize a micro that seems tossed out just for the sake of having a cache to log!

So, there is hope if you keep the young one interested for long enough. The trinkets are just a "hook" to get them addicted. Take the sugar off the cereal, and they will still be hungry to eat breakfast. :lol: