Uploading Photos

suzylou

The last 24 hours I've been trying to upload a photo to go with one of my finds.

It takes forever, then I get a "server error" page which as far as I can tell is written in "geek"...anyone know what is going on?

It looks like a server error rather than that my picture is too big or anything like that, but is there a max size limit?

Here goes:

Server Error in '/' Application.

System.Web.Services.Protocols.SoapException: Server was unable to process request. ---> System.ArgumentException: Invalid parameter used. at System.Drawing.Image.Save(String filename, ImageCodecInfo encoder, EncoderParameters encoderParams) at System.Drawing.Image.Save(String filename, ImageFormat format) at Groundspeak.Web.Gallery.GalleryImage.SaveImage(String Filename, Image& Image, ImageSize Size) at Geocaching.imgService.UploadRawGalleryImage(String OriginalFileName, Int32 DataSource) --- End of inner exception stack trace ---

Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code.

Exception Details: System.Web.Services.Protocols.SoapException: System.Web.Services.Protocols.SoapException: Server was unable to process request. ---> System.ArgumentException: Invalid parameter used. at System.Drawing.Image.Save(String filename, ImageCodecInfo encoder, EncoderParameters encoderParams) at System.Drawing.Image.Save(String filename, ImageFormat format) at Groundspeak.Web.Gallery.GalleryImage.SaveImage(String Filename, Image& Image, ImageSize Size) at Geocaching.imgService.UploadRawGalleryImage(String OriginalFileName, Int32 DataSource) --- End of inner exception stack trace ---

Source Error:

An unhandled exception was generated during the execution of the current web request. Information regarding the origin and location of the exception can be identified using the exception stack trace below.

Stack Trace:

[soapException: System.Web.Services.Protocols.SoapException: Server was unable to process request. ---> System.ArgumentException: Invalid parameter used.

at System.Drawing.Image.Save(String filename, ImageCodecInfo encoder, EncoderParameters encoderParams)

at System.Drawing.Image.Save(String filename, ImageFormat format)

at Groundspeak.Web.Gallery.GalleryImage.SaveImage(String Filename, Image& Image, ImageSize Size)

at Geocaching.imgService.UploadRawGalleryImage(String OriginalFileName, Int32 DataSource)

--- End of inner exception stack trace ---]

System.Web.Services.Protocols.SoapHttpClientProtocol.ReadResponse(SoapClientMessage message, WebResponse response, Stream responseStream, Boolean asyncCall) +1501

System.Web.Services.Protocols.SoapHttpClientProtocol.Invoke(String methodName, Object[] parameters) +218

Geocaching.com.Groundspeak.imgService.imgServiceWse.UploadRawGalleryImage(String OriginalFileName, Int32 DataSource) +82

Geocaching.UI.ImageUploadPanel.UploadDIMEAttachment(String Filename, String FileLocation, ImageDataSources Datasource) +215

Geocaching.UI.ImageUploadPanel.ProcessImageForWebService(UploadedFile& File) +653

Geocaching.UI.ImageUploadPanel.ProcessFile() +772

Geocaching.UI.ImageUploadPanel.btnUpload_Click(Object sender, EventArgs e) +7

System.Web.UI.WebControls.Button.OnClick(EventArgs e) +108

System.Web.UI.WebControls.Button.System.Web.UI.IPostBackEventHandler.RaisePostBackEvent(String eventArgument) +57

System.Web.UI.Page.RaisePostBackEvent(IPostBackEventHandler sourceControl, String eventArgument) +18

System.Web.UI.Page.RaisePostBackEvent(NameValueCollection postData) +33

System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain() +1292

Version Information: Microsoft .NET Framework Version:1.1.4322.2032; ASP.NET Version:1.1.4322.2032

The system is pretty good at resizing photos for you, and the size requirements would have restricted the image from getting to the point of being saved to disk. My thought is the image is somehow mangled in such a way that the resizing functions in my code is having a mycardial infarction and erroring out. (laymans terms: it doesn't know what to do with it).

Sometimes resizing the image in a software application will fix the image file and allow it to be uploaded.

I've seen a similar error in the photo section on our wnag web site - turned out it was some kind of ultra long and weird looking file name from some off brand digital camera - changed the file name to something normal before upload and it worked fine.

Just a thought.....

It's a jpeg, just under 1meg, and its name is less than 8 characters long. I'm using Win XP and Firefox as my browser. I don't THINK there should be anytihng screwy with it :laughing:

Just running off to work now, but will try resizing it and uploading it again later....will keep you posted. Thanks for the help :laughing: