Pdf Problem

When making a PDF file it's possible to specify that it's not printable. In this case the print option will be greyed out.

For example, this lets you put some or all of a book online, and if people want the paper version to take to the beach, they have to pay you for the physical book.

Of course, if it's just a small extract you need, you can (on Windows) hit PrtSc, paste it into MS-Paint, and print it as a graphic.

Some .pdf's are protected to prevent various actions - thi smay be one of them, but without specific knowledge, it may as equally not be!!

Check the properties for the file to see if mentions protection or DRM or similar.

Hmmn, do you actually have a printer driver installed??

Worth double checking!!

You could always use Open Office to open it with then you can print it even if its protected I think.

Cheers

Tony

Yeah, but then that means you have to use OpenOffice :)

Ouch, sorry - had to use it for 3 months at work. Hard going... Great program if all you want to do is write simple letters.

Nah, that's not fair. I did like it, and I love the fact that it's Open Source, I just had a lot of problems converting other peoples' Microshaft authored docs...

Anyway, I digress...

(So what's new there?)