Wanted: Meridian Color

tiber

Does anyone have a Magellan Meridian Color they've retired or doesn't work right anymore? I was recently caching on my bike and got hit by another bike running a red light and my screen is now shattered. This is actually quite a disappointment since I only bought the thing off e-bay last week. It really make me wonder how durable they really are in the wild.

Anyway, if you've got a dead unit or bad firmware flash that won't boot, I'm looking to buy.

If you want the full story and don't mind excessive profanity, the full story is at http://www.knarrnia.com/archives/001386.html

Edited by tiber

Yeah, it's tough. To add injury to insult, my fiancee comes home.

"Hi Honey, wow, that scrape looks bad, aw, lemme kiss it".

Except by "kiss" she means, "rub burning like the fires of hell itself hot alcohol all over".

Anyway, I'll even settle for the other Magellan color screens. All the units take the same connector, from the schematics I've been checking out. Magellan wants $100 to repair it. That's half of what I got it on ebay for. But thanks for the condolences.