Programming a destination lat/lon

dshadovi

Newbie here, armed with a Garmin eTrex.

I've read through the manual, and I've even found my 1st cache, but here's my question:

Can I program a destination lat/lon into the machine? I see how to mark my current lat/lon as a waypoint. But I want to read the lat/lon of an interesting-looking cache on the geocaching website, program it into the device, and navigate to that position.

Much obliged.

Go through the steps you took to mark a waypoint, while you have the waypoint onscreen, use the arrow keys to higlight the coordinate field, and select it. A new screen will pop up allowing you to edit each digit in the coordinates to change them to the ones you wish to use. You can download the etrex manual from Garmin for a better explanation.

eyes.GIF

"Searching with my good eye closed"

Like BloenCustoms said, either mark a waypoint and edit it. Or just the hold the enter button down, and the 'mark point' screen will come up, then just edit and save it.

Make sure your in the right datum and postion format... but since you've already found a cache you probly figured that part out already icon_smile.gif

waypoint_link.gif22008_1700.gif37_gp_logo88x31.jpg