Irish Event - April 23rd

I'll be over there a week too late to attend, unfortunately. I expect to be in the Kerry area mostly - hopefully there will be time for a few minutes logging the odd easy cache in the area!

HH.

Are you doing Carrantouhill by any chance???

We are hoping to do it at the end of May and want the telephone number of the farmer whose farmyard you park your car in to start to see if we can camp in his field.

Are you doing Carrantouhill by any chance

Is that an easy cache? :(

Only four more of the Six Kingdoms remaining if I get there, so I might have a stroll up there.

I'll have to remember to note the phone number at Cronin's Farmyard though, and I'll make every effort to do that.

But it could be worth asking "Marcus in Kerry" in case he has it to hand.

HH

Bummer... sadly I can't make it down that day (30th) as I am finishing work on the 29th prior to my relocation to the UK and no doubt there'll be a few drinks to mark the occasion. Also, my girlfriend is coming over from Bristol to help me with the move, so it's likely the 30th will be spent driving to the airport.

Best of luck with it. It's not the hardest cache in the world. I would have a slight concern about you going on your own, but realistically, it's a busy mountain and this time of year, on a weekend, there would be plenty of other climbers out on the route, God forbid, should anything happen.

It was last found a couple of weeks back, and reported as being in place, and dry :(

There is one very easy cache in Killarney town, Ninestar006, one in the nearby scenic Gap of Dunloe, and if you're going to Kerry you'd be silly not to drive the Ring of Kerry , and visit the three caches en route (clockwise) = Caragh View , the mesmerising Atlantic Whirlpool and Ring of Vinnie1 .

Let me know if you need any directions or other general tourist advice :D