archive or disable?

Beefcider

Didn't see a clear answer for this one in any of the FAQs. I placed a cache in a Washington State park. a nearby geocacher explained the no nos of this. I called the park and spoke to the very nice ranger and explained that I would come and remove it. I changed the coords on the listing and made it unavailible. I may not place it in a nearby area and my relocate it at a later time so the question is: if I archive my cache, can I un-archive it or should I just leave it disabled?

videbo tu in caelum

Well, you can disable it, and then re-enable it later. That's the easiest thing, because you need to involve the admins to have a cache un-archived.

However, if the cache is in a significantly different location (like more than a few hundred feet), I'd archive the original one and just create a new cache page for the new one.

----------

Do not answer a fool according to his folly, lest you be also be like him.

OK, I think I'll archive it. It's a memorial cache that's themed for fighter pilots and fighter jet enthusiasts. I was thinking of going around NAS whidbey (your back yard) or McChord AFB. This of course requires that it's not TOO close...

Thanks much

Beefcider

videbo tu in caelum

quote:
Originally posted by Beefcider:

OK, I think I'll archive it. It's a memorial cache that's themed for fighter pilots and fighter jet enthusiasts. I was thinking of going around NAS whidbey (your back yard) or McChord AFB. This of course requires that it's not TOO close...

Since your moving it a large distance I would just archive it.

And personaly, I never disable a cache for more than a month or two. If its going to be gone that long, I would probly just "start from scratch" or maybe get it un-archived if I wanted to use that listing for some reason. But some cachers have sesonals that are disable for large parts of each year...

waypoint_link.gif22008_1700.gif37_gp_logo88x31.jpg