Do "place" Show Up As Notes For A Short Time?

mantis7

I have found a travel bug, that (according to the web site) is still in the hands of another member. The funny thing is, that member "placed" it into the correct cache, but the

"place" shows up as just a "note" right now. So, my only option is to "grab" it from that user. I don't think this is correct, so I am waiting for the note to show up as a "place." Is this normal or is something wrong?

Here is the reference (not actual travel bug number)

RE: TDB3E6 (Stunod / Webfoot Connection) owner: webfoot.

Click here to go directly to this travelbug

notice that the top note says "placed" BUT still shows in their inventory

PS: If something is wrong, what I could do is grab it from the user, place it into the cache myself, and then grab it myself from the cache....(would this be ok?)

(Excuse my ignorance if this is covered somewhere else, this is my 1st travelbug and I tried to look in the forums to no avail)

Edited by mantis7

The cacher who had it never logged a find on that cache, or any other cache ever for that matter. They did not "place" it in the cache, they "posted a note" instead. You could email the cacher, volvroom, and ask them to change it to "placed" instead of a note so you can retrieve it. If you don't hear from them, then you can just grab it. I peronally, if i didn't hear from the previous finder, would place it in that cache then grab it so the owner knows where it has been and the mileage is acurate.

If you look closer, though...the note says "placed in xxx cache at xxx coordinates" which doesnt happen when you post a note.

Maybe they manually typed that in and accidentally posted the note? In either case, I'm not going to wait because this bug has been stationary for so long. I'm just going to use your advice, and make sure this bug gets the miles.

Thanks.

Edited by mantis7

He choose "post a note" from the drop down menu. That person manually typed the cache name and coordinates. Completely unessessary when you log it properly, he didn't. He never logged it as "placed" he just said it in his note. The top part is what type of transaction that matter, theres even a symbol to the left of the action showing not, grab, retreive, and placed. At least you did it the right way. The owner will be happy.