What books to read

George1

I'm sceptical that a person can find anything in a book that they wouldn't learn themself, or by reading these forums for a while. Having said that, let me also say that I've never even picked up a GPS book - let alone read one. icon_smile.gif They might be great.

Personally, I think using a GPS is one of those "go out there and do it" things rather than something you have to read up on much. For me, nothing beats the enjoyment of going out into the woods and guiding myself around, trying out new features... reading about it would only get me jazzed up to go running outside. icon_biggrin.gif

geobanana.gif

The Toe Pages

I highly recommend GPS Land Navigation: A complete guidebook for backcountry users of the NAVSTAR Satellite System.

Check the reviews at Amazon:

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detail/-/0965220257/qid=1041118182/sr=1-1/ref=sr_1_1/103-0218264-6546268?v=glance&s=books

These forums can be a great source of information but some of these folks really don't know what the heck their talking about. Not that books are 100% correct, but they generally are pretty reliable.

This book isn't just about using a GPS, it's about navigating.

Poindexter