New Website - Ohio Cacher

OCacher

I have started a new website called Ohio Cacher (at ohiocacher.com).

The purpose of the site is for all things Ohio with a particular focus on Geocaching. Stop by and share your favorite caches, or nominate them for one of our polls. Announce your new caches, or get advise on where you should put it. Share your recent geocaching adventures, or your all time favorite trip. The site is a=only as good as the cachers who visit.

Ohio Cacher

Stop by and help make the site grow!

Thanks

Ocacher

Yea, I did look at the other regional sites. Most of them are listed on my links page. The social aspect of geocaching is what is covered by those sites. There may be some overlap, but there is room for everyone. So far I have not gotten too involved with the local activities. I perfer to solo cache. That is why my site is about the caches and the adventures that a cache can provide, more than the get togethers, each has their place for different kinds of cachers, or even both at different times. NeoGeo and all, would be great for "what is going on in the geocaching world" My site is for "I have 200 caches in a 40 mile area...I wonder which one is a must do" or " I am going to take a road trip, I only have time for 3 or 4 caches, which ones in (S, n, w, e, central) ohio are the most (scenic, challlenging) etc.

The site was not designed to be what it became. I was planning a site for the NeoGeocachers, one that was more functional than the current site, and easy to keep up with and easy to find. When I brought up the idea a few days ago on the Yahoo group, the opinions were all for sticking with the current site. I respect their decision, but since I already had done most of the planning....OhioCacher was born.

Thanks for your interest...feel free to let me know about upcomming events and the like and I will post them on the site. Free Advertising is a good thing.

Ocacher