Problems With The Fc?

I have been seeking to put some GCs in Wyre Forest but the chances that I ever will are slim. Allow me to explain.

After repeated phone calls to the Wyre Forest Ranger's office I got hold of the Ranger after about the tenth attempt. I started to talk about Geocaching. "What's that" was the reply. I then spend five minutes explaining what it is about and how the FC has guide lines ('Don't know anything about that'). I offered maps of where I want to put the GCs and his own FC guide lines as issued by the N.Wales F.C. which also apply to Wyre Forest. I was invited to email them which I did with a full explanation and relevant URLs since it seemed he knew absolutely nothing of what I was talking about.

14 days later I asked if I could have a reply to my email....and ten days after that I asked again. I then phoned and left my telephone number on the answerphone and asked them to return my call - that was five days ago. Still no reply. There is no point in paying them a visit because they never answer the phone because they are presumably out in the forest

It is hardly any wonder that people set caches without permission if this is what they are up against.

Now I understand that rangers are busy people but surely in well over a month I am due the the courtesy of a reply in some shape or form.

I have been seeking to put some GCs in Wyre Forest but the chances that I ever will are slim. Allow me to explain.

After repeated phone calls to the Wyre Forest Ranger's office I got hold of the Ranger after about the tenth attempt. I started to talk about Geocaching. "What's that" was the reply. I then spend five minutes explaining what it is about and how the FC has guide lines ('Don't know anything about that'). I offered maps of where I want to put the GCs and his own FC guide lines as issued by the N.Wales F.C. which also apply to Wyre Forest. I was invited to email them which I did with a full explanation and relevant URLs since it seemed he knew absolutely nothing of what I was talking about.

14 days later I asked if I could have a reply to my email....and ten days after that I asked again. I then phoned and left my telephone number on the answerphone and asked them to return my call - that was five days ago. Still no reply. There is no point in paying them a visit because they never answer the phone because they are presumably out in the forest

It is hardly any wonder that people set caches without permission if this is what they are up against.

Now I understand that rangers are busy people but surely in well over a month I am due the the courtesy of a reply in some shape or form.

We sympathize with you.

Rangers are kings of their little worlds.