Mapsend Direct Route

Spankster

I am trying to uninstall Mapsend Direct Route Software and install a new one. I can not get the old software to completely uninstall. When I try to install the new one, it tells me there is an old version present and asks if I would like to uninstall it. When I click "yes", it does not completely uninstall the old version. So I am unable to install the new. Does anyone have any suggestions? Thanks!

Sounds like a job fro REGEDIT. No guarnatee this will work but it will remove any and all references for Mapsend.

START>RUN> type in REGEDIT and hit OK

Now you don't want to screw too much with this area of your computer, so make sure you are deleting the correct thing.

Look in HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE>SOFTWARE> now either look for MAGELLAN or MAPSEND (I am assuming Mapsend is a Magellan product) <_< . If you see a MAPSEND folder, just delete it. If you find a MAGELLAN folder there should be the MAPSEND folder in there, and delete just the MAPSEND folder. Do this for HKEY_CURRENT_USER>SOFTWARE> as well. Quit REGEDIT.

Now go to your PROGRAM FILES folder and look for the MAPSEND software folder. Delete that too.

This should get rid of any reference of MAPSEND on your computer. Restart for the hell of it and try to install the new software.

Let me know if it works.

Edited by mrking

Hello,

I've been experiencing the same problems as described above with my copy of Mapsend. Has anybody found a resolution to this? Magellan's tech support was utterly useless and are supposed to be sending me new discs because they thought I had bad software (not likely the problem at all, but the store I bought the software from said I could return an unopened package if that is what Magellan sent me).

-Ryan