Downloading A .txt Or .xls File Into Gpsr

Why not just run Pocket Queries in GPX and use GSAK. Takes under a minute to load any 500 caches with today's info onto your 60cs.

My guess is becuase these aren't geocaches. He described the waypoints as "a long list of waypoints into my GPSmap 60 CS from a text file that I found on the internet".

There are lists of waypoints on the internet that aren't geocaches and aren't available as PQ's.

Pocket queries won't help here. The OP is talking about a list of waypoints found on the web, not a list of geocaches. Either GPSBabel or G7ToWin will probably do it, and my choice would be GPSBabel. You may have to do a little work in Excel to get the data in the correct order, but that's not too difficult. GPSBabel will convert almost anything to almost anything else, and will certainly load waypoints from .csv files to a Garmin.

Well, Robert beat me to it. I guess I need faster fingers. :P

Edited by NightPilot
Why not just run Pocket Queries in GPX and use GSAK. Takes under a minute to load any 500 caches with today's info onto your 60cs.

My guess is becuase these aren't geocaches. He described the waypoints as "a long list of waypoints into my GPSmap 60 CS from a text file that I found on the internet".

There are lists of waypoints on the internet that aren't geocaches and aren't available as PQ's.

Yes, that's right. My list of waypoints simply marks various positions along a long distance footpath called the Lycian Way in southern Turkey.

Thanks to all the responders. I will be trying the suggested software packages.