Waypoint Download

Hilltop Hiker

I am having problems downloading waypoints using MSN Explorer. Whenever I try to download individual .loc files it saves a 'cache_detatils.aspx' file that I can't use. When I try to download an entire page, I get a 'nearest.aspx' file that is equally useless.

I have no problem getting a .loc file when using Mozilla Firefox, but that is not always convenient or possible. I contacted MSN and it was suggested that I contact Groundspeak.com. I have also searched the forum and have not found a solution.

Thanks in advance for your assistanace in this matter.

Edited by Hilltop Hiker

This is a known problem that affects some browsers. It can usually be overcome right-clicking on the the download icon and selecting "Save target as". Check your firewall settings as well, as this occasionally causes the problem. Since you are a Premium Member, you might want to think about generating Pockey Queries, which will give you much more information than .loc files, and arrive as a .zip attachment in your e-mail. Using an application like GSAK, they can be exported to almost any 'caching program's file format.

Edited by tirediron