Help!!!

Hi,

We're very new to geocaching (completed a couple with friends), but eager to start. As I wanted a new PDA and wanted to start Geocaching I searched the internet for what seemed like the best value for money GPS unit and chose a Mio168 with Miomap software. So Santa 'delivered' this combo to my Wife and I and we unwrapped our new toy Christmas day, looking forward to our first exploration over the Christmas period.

The whole kit looked superb - exactly what we wanted - BUT... I feverishly tried to find the option to enter LON/LAT co-ords, only to realise the software does not allow this. Furthermore, looking at other leading GPS software (e.g. Tom Tom), ours is not alone in this lack of functionality. Its crazy - the LON/LAT positions are available, because they are shown on-screen when selecting an address or whatever!

So the big question is...has anyone ever had this problem and overcome it? If so, how?

Thanks for your time,

David & Yvonne

:unsure:

Well unfortunately I did not receive ANY replies, but the good news is that I searched the web and found a good bit of software called 'CacheDragon'. This runs pretty well on the Mio168 PDA and we're certainly confident enough to use it for Geocaching now. If anyone wants to know more then feel free to e-mail me.

Cheers and Happy New Year to all.

David M - The Harleycachers, UK