Delorme And Magellan Sportrak Map

Iowa Tom

I have a Magellan SporTrak Map GPSr and want to get the latest Delorme Street software that comes with a small GPSr of its own. It costs about $120.00 at Best Buy.

(1) Can waypoints be downloaded onto the maps from Internet?

(2) Can waypoints be downloaded onto the maps from my Magellan?

(3) Can the tracks I've made in my Magellan be downloaded onto the maps?

(4) Assuming that waypoints can be downloaded from the Net onto the maps, can I select waypoints on that software to move into my Magellan?

Thanks!

Seeing that NO ONE here has seen fit to respond to your query, I feel compelled to give you at least some information to work with.

I use a Sportrak Map with TopoUSA 4. In my land surveying duties I have found many uses for this, from searching for section corners to keeping track of benchmarks to tracerouting long meandering access easements. Creating a new "draw layer" for each project keeps the file from becoming too large for transfer.

Assuming that the DeLorme products have an overall similarity of file system:

I have been unable to do so thus far (haven't put much effort in it yet).

(2) Can waypoints be downloaded onto the maps from my Magellan?
YES.

(3) Can the tracks I've made in my Magellan be downloaded onto the maps?
YES.

(4) Assuming that waypoints can be downloaded from the Net onto the maps, can I select waypoints on that software to move into my Magellan?
YES to selecting waypoints on software to move to Sportrak.

I hope this is of some use to you.

I use DeLorme Street Atlas 2004 and DeLorme Topo USA 5.0 and can add to the response for questions 1 and 4.

1. Yes. They are imported as draw files. I wrote a simple to use program that converts .LOC and .GPX files downloaded from geocaching.com searches into CSV formatted .TXT files for importing into either program. If you want to try it you can download it at My Webpage. I have received some nice feedback on how easy it is to use.

4. With the DeLorme software, yes. I do it this way. Waypoints imported as draw files are loaded into one draw Layer. Waypoints can be edited, added, deleted within in the active draw layer and exported to the GPSr as one draw file.

I hope this helps.

I have a Magellan SporTrak Map GPSr and want to get the latest Delorme Street software that comes with a small GPSr of its own. It costs about $120.00 at Best Buy.

Why not just buy the software without the GPS and then just use your Magellan with the Delorme software. If Best buy does not sell the software alone, delorme does.

This is a link to Delormes web site

Delorme software

Edit to add: It would save you some money.

Edited by JohnnyVegas