Mobipocket Reader - Font Problems

Pinza

Just downloaded my first Pocket Query and transferred the .prc file to my PDA.

Is mainly readable in my trial copy of Mobipocket Reader. However any 'unusual' characters such as 'degrees', £, $ do not reproduce correctly on the screen.

I have enabled ClearType and tried all Font families that I can find (namely Courier New, Tahoma, Frutiger Linotype and Bookdings) all without success :o

Any suggestions as to what I need to do to make these symbols appear correctly would be gratefully received! Do I need to download a new font to my PDA and if so how?

Cheers

Chris

Hm. I just had to check my Mobipocket to see if the same is true for me. It seems it handles some special characters okay (like the degree sign) but not others. However, I'm using a Clié, which probably has a whole different font set.

Umm...I'm not trying to be a smart aleck by suggesting this, but I struggled with eBooks for a couple of months, getting increasingly frustrated. I use Mobipocket all the time as a book reader, so it's not software aversion. Once I tried Cachemate, I kicked myself for not switching sooner. Best seven bucks I've spent all year.

Yes. Instead of.

There were too many things about the Mobipocket version I found frustrating for caching. Like having all the caches in one big document, and not having consistent results searching for the GC number I wanted.

Cachemate is a simple, clean little database program. It suddenly made paperless a reality for me.