Possible To Log A Note W/out Tag #?

Isonzo Karst

There's a user north of me who I believe is keeping bugs. She/he keeps logging notes to bug pages that "the bug is missing" I don't know if any way to log a note without the tag number? Am I missing something? I don't really care about the Jeep TBs, but there's a pattern with personal bugs as well. Someone drops them in a cache, then User comes by, and often actually notes in her log, took bug. But then on the bug pages logs "bug missing". Or User logs bug into a cache, but the next finder finds no bug. I was thinking about emailing her, but wanted to be sure there wasn't an alternative explanation. Any advice? I did check the FAQ on Groundspeak which seems to confirm that you can't log a note without the #, and I know I've never found a way to do it.

There's a user north of me who I believe is keeping bugs. She/he keeps logging notes to bug pages that "the bug is missing" I don't know if any way to log a note without the tag number? Am I missing something? I don't really care about the Jeep TBs, but there's a pattern with personal bugs as well. Someone drops them in a cache, then User comes by, and often actually notes in her log, took bug. But then on the bug pages logs "bug missing". Or User logs bug into a cache, but the next finder finds no bug. I was thinking about emailing her, but wanted to be sure there wasn't an alternative explanation. Any advice? I did check the FAQ on Groundspeak which seems to confirm that you can't log a note without the #, and I know I've never found a way to do it.

Nope, you need the number to log it or post a note. B) Have you thought about getting back at this person? Why not hold an event cache at her house and invite everyone to search for lost travel bugs?

Actually, as I just discovered by doing it - DOH - you DON'T need the tag # to post a note. You can go to the bug page and copy the "Use AA12B2 to reference this bug" to write a note. Users pattern is still pretty weird. And I have no doubt she's taking JeepTBs, logging them into caches, but not actually placing them in caches. BUT, the activity on personal bugs may be legit, she's noting that a bug is missing. Okay, so it happens a lot around USER, but it could be legit. I'll watch awhile longer before emailing her. It's possible she doesnt quite understand how to "bounce" bugs - in, then OUT.

I'll watch awhile longer before emailing her.

Yeah, I didn't realize you could post a note without the number, either. I've certainly been to many, many caches where there was supposed to be a bug that wasn't. Maybe USER is just taking it on herself to be conscientious and log it when it happens.

Or maybe she's a filthy bug-napper, in which case, I'll get the tar, you get the feathers :P

I logged a note on the page of a friends bug - missing unfortunately since an event early August. Now, if you check my profile, it shows that I found that bug! In fact, it really looks like I'm the last to handle it - when of course, I never handled it - just used the reference # to post a note. This definitely changes the picture I got of USER. I do think she's keeping the JeepTBs, am not sure why she's logging them into caches and then not putting them there - but the personal bugs I think she's just noting that they're not in the cache. No tar and feathers from me over JeepTBs. I wonder if she thinks her chance of winning something (actually zero here in Florida) goes up if she hangs onto the jeeps, but the prompt on her cache page about moving them gets her into false logging them?