Safety Orange Vest...

I about a month ago got a hunters blaze orange vest. This thing i great for caching in. It has pockets that are cool for cell phone... gps... pda... munchies... and some more without being bulky.

It seems to reduce funny looks... actually it is like an invisibility shield. If you carry a clipboard also, you are assured 100% invisibility. People just seem to think you are a worker and never even notice you.

If nothing else GO BUY one from the gc store... I use it for benchmarking and collecting data for TNMC.

Mostly I got it to help keep from being shot.

I about a month ago got a hunters blaze orange vest. This thing i great for caching in. It has pockets that are cool for cell phone... gps... pda... munchies... and some more without being bulky.

It seems to reduce funny looks... actually it is like an invisibility shield. If you carry a clipboard also, you are assured 100% invisibility. People just seem to think you are a worker and never even notice you.

If nothing else GO BUY one from the gc store... I use it for benchmarking and collecting data for TNMC.

Mostly I got it to help keep from being shot.

I think it's a pretty cool idea actually. It's funny but once you put on a reflective orange vest, people think that you're doing official business. B)

Funny, my wife and I were out Geocaching in Mohican State Forest in Ohio and some old fart chewed us out because we didn't have an orange vest on. We told him to get lost and he just walked away muttering some words. He did have a good point but we just didn't want some old crotchy man telling us what we needed and what we don't need. The next day we bought some orange vests. Word to the wise. If it is hunting season, GET AN ORANGE VEST! I dedicate this one to the old crotchy man. B)

After doing three caches today at a state park that allows hunting on portions of it's land, I definitely thing the orange vest is a good idea. For one, you would be visible to hunters and muggles would just think you are another hunter. My sone and myself had orange for safety, even though the areas that we were caching were in the no hunting area, I didn't want to be mistake for a deer or something else.