A couple simple questions..

Guest jdbyrnes

Guest jdbyrnes

1. How do I delete MapSource maps from my GPSMAP 76? I got em in there ok, but I can't seem to get em out..

2. How do I search geocaching.com by finder? Like say I wanted to find out what caches Choberiba is finding with his NiMh batteries?

Thanks..

Guest blscearce

quote:
Originally posted by jdbyrnes:

1. How do I delete MapSource maps from my GPSMAP 76? I got em in there ok, but I can't seem to get em out..

2. How do I search geocaching.com by finder? Like say I wanted to find out what caches Choberiba is finding with his NiMh batteries?

1. Can you create a new map set with no maps in it, and download that to the GPSMAP76? If that doesn't work, I'm sure you can at least create a mapset with one map in it and download that. If it works like my eMap, the old mapset will be erased before the new one(s) are inserted.

2. http://www.geocaching.com/seek/nearest_cache.asp?ul=Choberiba . And to find caches placed by him, http://www.geocaching.com/seek/nearest_cache.asp?l=Choberiba .

Guest Prime Suspect

If the 76 is like the Vista, you can't erase the maps. They will be automatically erased when you upload a new set of maps. There should be an option on the map screen to turn them off. But they stay in memory and can be turned back on at a later time. Having an "erase" function is really pointless, except to satisfy obsessive/compulsive types. That chunk of memory is designed to hold maps, and you're not taking away from anything else by having maps stored there. You don't decrease the number of waypoints, routes, or tracks you can store.

Of course, if you want it restored to the map state it was in when you bought it, you can download the POI database, and upload it to your unit.