Best Caches In Jacksonville, Fl

Canadian Bear

I will be in Jax, FL over Christmas and would like to begin to get a group of "must-find" caches in the Jax area. I know there are many caches there, but give me some opinions, if you don't mind.

I prefer traditional caches that have some scenic value and maybe a bit of a hike. I will have kids in tow, so no trudging through alligator-infested swamps. Micros are okay, but preferrably well-hidden, unique, or nicely camoflagued ones.

Well, what do you think?

Canadian Bear (from Memphis, TN)

You may want to head over to NEFGA's website, the online home of the Northeast Florida Geocacher's Association. You might get too many suggestions to even attempt to visit, but you will find some good ones.

If you're into letterboxing, try my letterbox hybrid Ringhaver Park Letterbox. Its a nice walk on paved walkways, and you'll get to see several different types of forest found in Florida. You might see a gator, though there aren't any infestation problems in that area (the water will be cold then, so they'd be really sluggish.)

And as the Good Doctor mentioned, The Federation Must Pay is a must do. Just be prepared to feel absolutely silly. :(