New Idea For Cito

sorchah

I was wondering, could I make a cache where the point is to simply pick up trash wherever you want to? There would be no coordinates, but to log your visit, you would just have to pick up some trash and provide a photo of you or your group with your gps and, of course, the trash. You would also have to tell where you picked up the trash, or the approximate place.

Does this sound like a good idea, or am I simply going too far? Do you think this sort of cache would be approved? What type of cache would I list it under? Would you want to participate in this cache?

Edited by sorchah

This type of cache would not be approved, in my opinion. It's not a geocache, but an activity. Granted: a very worthwhile activity!

Geocaching.com encourages CITO at every single cache. One of the ways they do this is by simply having the following at the bottom of the Search Results pages:

Practice "Cache In Trash Out"

While out geocaching, bring a bag with you to pick up trash along the way. Visit the Cache In Trash Out page to learn more about CITO.

cito_bag_75.gif

I do encourage all cache owners to include the CITO graphic in every single cache description.

Edited by MissJenn