Notification by IM??

Rygel

I just became a charter member and I selected "notification by IM " as one of my options to be notified of a new post.

My question is: Where do I get the IM? Is it somewhere on this site or was I supposed to put my IM program and name in somewhere?

Lack of planning on your part does not constitute an emergency on mine.

To me IM would be an Instant Message service such as ICQ, AOL Instant Messenger or MSN Instant Message. Typically each service has a unique address that you would provide such as ICQ has a unique number that is your address.

When you boot up and log on most IM services also connect especially MSN. If you ever get MSN it is almost impossible to disable or get rid of.

I hope this answers your question.

Capn Skully

Vini Vidi Velcro I came I saw I stuck around

Right, so how would Groundspeak know where to send the IM?

I don't recall giving them any of my IM info and I don't see a place tp add it.

And if it is an on site IM I haven't received those either. Is this perhaps a new feature that hasn't been fully implemented?

It's a feature of Infopop, and since we didn't have that as part of our site in the past, we didn't apply it to the current forums.

We will, however, be providing this feature in the new web site, at the bare minimum to let others know what your IM ID is on your profile (if you decide to display it).

Jeremy Irish

Groundspeak - The Language of Location™

Jeremy,

Thanks for the response. So what you are saying is that this is a default part of the program that you use to run the forums but the IM feature isn't enabled?